WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Star - 1 Month

Age: 1 month


Weight and height: I'm not sure because she doesn't have a doctor's appointment until next month, but I'm guessing she weighs between 8 and 9 pounds now.

Wearing size: Just moved from newborn to size 1 diapers although the size 1 diapers are still a bit big.  Wearing newborn and 0-3 month clothes.

Likes: Snuggling on mommy or daddy's chest to fall asleep, being swaddled, and is starting to like her pacifier a bit more.  Loves the infant swing (we have one like this and I swear by the side-to-side motion for soothing babies!).  Star also loves her big sister and almost always has smiles for her.  I know she loves her big brother too, but he's 2 years old and hasn't learned to give her personal space yet.  She also likes tummy time and staring at lights.

Dislikes: Having a dirty or wet diaper.  Being buckled into her carseat although she usually stops crying as soon as it's being moved.   

Eating habits: Star eats about 3 ounces of formula every 2-4 hours.  She's a good eater, but very messy which I think has something to do with her being tongue-tied. 

Sleeping habits: She's a good sleeper!  She usually takes one really long nap everyday and several shorter ones.  She's ready for bed by 9 pm, wakes up to eat at about 3:30 am, and then sleeps again until 6:30/7.  She usually needs to be rocked to sleep, but sometimes she prefers to be swaddled and laid down to fall asleep. 

Milestones: She smiled for the first time at less than a week old!  Since then, I've seen quite a few smiles from her.  She's getting very good at holding her head up and can push up with her legs to a standing position if someone is holding her upright on their lap.  Her umbilical cord fell off at 1 week old.
  
1 month old

Star's baby acne is clearing up with the help of vaseline.  She has a "stork bite" on her forehead between her eyes and another at the crown of her head, although that one is covered pretty well by her hair.
 
I love that this outfit says "Little Star" on it since that's her blog nickname.


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!

5 comments:

  1. Where did you get that Little Star outfit?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that Little Star outfit?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute?!? It came in this box of gifts from my friend: http://supermommyornot.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-box-of-goodies.html
      The tag says "First Moments". Not sure where you can find that brand.

      Delete
  3. Omg I wish I had one :( I dont know if you saw it, but I posted on the introduction post that Star is the name I have picked for my first daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for first smiles! She looks so sweet in her star outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...