WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days to a Clean House

I stumbled on this fun blog with the challenge to blog for 31 days straight about the same topic.  Because my big thing at this moment is getting my house under control, here's my topic.


This is scary.

I've never blogged 31 days in a row.  Or 7 days in a row.  I think 2 or 3 days in a row is my record right now.  But I'm going to try this because I love a challenge, and what else do I have to do with my time?  You know, besides running an busy boutique from my home and computer, caring for two young children, taking care of dear Hubby, etc.

I recently picked up Flylady again.  I had just started using the Flylady system to clean and maintain my house when I had Princess three years ago.  It's taken me that long to even think about getting back on the horse and in that time, the horse, I mean, house has been in desperate need of some attention.  Which I have neglected to give it.  And it shows.

Using the Flylady system, I'm on track to get my house ship-shape within a month.

Let's start off with some lovely "before" pictures.  Before you scroll down to look at these pictures, I have to warn you.  They may scare you or disgust you.  I'm a little nervous about putting myself so far "out there", but here goes nothing.  Let me remind you that I am not responsible for any therapy you may need after looking at these pictures.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
One more thing before you look at these pictures...my house is considerably cleaner right now than it has been for a long time due to company coming over. Just thought you might want to know that. 

Kitchen counter


End of the hallway between the two bedrooms (note the poor neglected vacuum cleaner)

Princess and Little Man's room complete with Princess reading a book on the floor and wondering why in the world I'm taking a picture of her room.



Computer area.  If you look closely, you will see a can of Pledge languishing on the top shelf of the computer desk next to the lamp.

So there you have it.  By the end of this month, my house should be clean and I should be able to keep it clean.  And if you join in and do what I'm doing, your house will be clean too :)

Let's have some fun!  Feel free to comment with your own progress and ideas!


Here are links to each day of the 31 Day Challenge as I write them.
31 Days-Day 2
31 Days-Day 3
31 Days-Day 4
31 Days-Day 5 
31 Days-Day 6 
31 Days-Day 7 
31 Days-Day 8 
31 Days-Day 9 
31 Days-Day 10 
31 Days-Days 11 & 12 
31 Days-Day 13 
31 Days-Days 14 & 15 
31 Days-Day 16 
31 Days-Days 17 & 18
31 Days-Days 19 & 20 
31 Days-Day 21
31 Days-Day 22 
31 Days-Days 23 & 24 
31 Days-Day 25 
31 Days-Day 26 
31 Days-Days 27 & 28 
31 Days-Day 29 
31 Days-Days 30 & 31

8 comments:

  1. Flylady is awesome!!! Even though I know of her site, my house doesn't show it. This is a great 31 day topic!! Good luck, I'll have to follow your 31 days and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hysterical! Only b/c there once was a time I had to get serious and tackle it like that! We just moved to another city so quickly I am finding old habits can swing back in if not careful. I have to finish unpacking the office and guest bedroom! I still make my sink shine and weigh myself every morning!!! I heart Flylady! wishing you the best.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who's house looks "lived in". I join your challenge. Thanks for putting yourself out there

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scary thing is, my house can go from clean to dirty in minutes - 3 kids, a big dog and lots of kids from the neighborhood are making themselves at home here everyday - which I love, but....

    So happy to have found you through 31 Days - and thank you so much for visiting me today. I will be back!

    xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, flylady, I haven't thought of her in years. uh-oh. Makes me want to go swish and swipe or whatever that was called. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes. You are going to feel so great in 31 days. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my 31 Days blog. I LOVE your honesty about a "lived in" house as my mom used to say. I'll be with you these next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it!! And maybe I'll get on board with you, this might be FUN!!! Actually in my house, my HUSBAND is the FlyLady!! (no, seriously, he even has the t-shirt!!) But I'd like to get my sewing room/craft studio/picture stuff/catch-all room clean and organized! You are BRAVE to post your before pics!!

    You GO girl!

    Lisa J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I found you through Emily's Community Collection page, and I'm so glad I did! I've never heard of Flylady, but her plan sounds AMAZING, and I'm really excited to try it out! I just spend the past few minutes catching up on all of your series posts so far, and I love your writing style. And thank you for being so open and honest -- it definitely frees me up to be honest about how messy MY spaces are :x Blessings!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...