WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, October 24, 2011

31 Days-Days 23 & 24

I thought about blogging yesterday and then I made a deliberate decision not to.  Sundays are a family day for us so I usually don't even turn on the computer.  And I feel that I deserve just one lazy day a week. 

After being gone all day Thursday, getting ready for the craft show on Friday, and then being gone most of Saturday and Sunday, my house was a mess.  It never ceases to amaze me how the house mysteriously makes a mess of itself while you're not home.

I flew through my morning routine today and then started the Monday routine which for me is spending an hour "blessing" my home.  Even with my house messier than usual, it still only took me the allotted hour.  And that was with two adorable munchkins following behind me to undo things as I did them. 

Little Man sneaked into the bathroom while I was cleaning the tub and stuck his hand in the steaming hot water coming from the faucet.  I didn't realize he was in there next to me until I heard him whimper.  I turned to find him shaking his wet hand in the air and staring at it in shock.  Thankfully, he didn't get burned or scalded, it was just hotter than he was used to. 

Another thing on my list today was to make the weekly menu plan and do the grocery shopping.  The grocery shopping was interesting, thanks to Princess's big mouth.  There were several Amish ladies shopping with their young children and Princess had lots of questions.  Lots of awkward questions asked loudly, within earshot of the Amish.  Not quite sure why she was so curious today as she's seen lots of Amish around town, and when we set up a booth at the local farmer's market, she made friends with the Amish at the booths across from us.  I tried to field her questions as best I could while being respectful of the Amish culture.

Just when I thought we were done with questions, a large man passed us.  Just as he was next to our cart, sweet Princess, ever observant, loudly asked, "Mommy, why does that man have such a big tummy?"

I almost crawled beneath our cart at that point.

You know what's really cute?  She asked me that same question this morning as I was emptying the dishwasher.  Thank you, my dear child, for pointing out that the baby tummy hasn't been disappearing as quickly as I would've liked.  At least this time, she asked me this at home.  Last time, that question came up, it was at the dinner table at my in-laws when there was a sudden lull in the conversation.   

Tomorrow's task is to spend 30 minutes in the weekly zone which is the bathroom.  What's your zone this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...