WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

National Sibling Day!

Today is National Sibling Day!  In honor of that, I found some pictures of me and my siblings to share with you :)  I had slim pickings since the photo albums were one of the first things that got packed up in preparation for our move (which is going to happen soon, we hope!  The loan is taking longer to finish that we were originally told it would.)

First up is a picture of all five of us on Christmas.  I'm guessing that the year is somewhere around 1994 or 1995.  From left to right is me (gotta love the huge plastic glasses!), my younger brother (approximately 8 years old), my little sister (around 4 years old), my older sister (around 13 years old), and my youngest brother (about 6 years old).  I would've been around 10 in this picture.    
 

This is a more recent picture of our family and it's actually a really good picture of everyone except for seriously-unphotogenic me.  This was taken in August of 2012 when I was 8+ months pregnant with Star and my older sister was newly pregnant with her fourth baby.  My cousin took the picture at our family reunion.  BTW, if you want to see more of his photography, check out his Facebook page-he's an amazing photographer!

From left to right is my youngest sister, my older sister, my younger brother, and my youngest brother with my parents in front.    


About my siblings...
My older sister is the mother of four awesome kids, ages 1-6.  We've always been really close and shared a room growing up.  We spent many nights talking until long after our parents had gone to bed and I'll always cherish those memories.  When I was 18, I moved out of my parents' house and into my sister's apartment with her.  We lived together until she got married in April 2006.  I got engaged that same month and married in September 2006.  We had our first babies within 6 weeks of each other and our second babies 11 days apart.  We're so close that we joke that our kids are interchangeable.  

My younger brother is an amazing, involved father of four awesome kids as well.  He and I were the worst of enemies and the best of friends when we were growing up.  He's got a great sense of humor and is very well-spoken and knowledgeable about many subjects.  He's not afraid to stand up for what's right.  

My youngest brother is in college right now.  He's a big tough guy, but has a soft heart.  He's sensitive and sweet and whoever he marries is going to be one lucky girl.  ALL of the nieces and nephews absolutely adore him.  He's a hard worker and driven to achieve his goals.     

My little sister is the baby of the family.  She works at a daycare and wants to continue to work with kids in the future.  She's a baby-whisperer and is one of the few people besides me who was able to calm Little Man down as a baby.  She's care-free and fun to be around.   

How many siblings do you have? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...