WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pregnancy

I've always wanted to be a mommy. When I was little, I collected baby dolls like some people collect key chains. I knew each of their names and mothered them to pieces (literally, at times). So when I got married, I was slightly disappointed at my husband's insistence that we wait a few years to have a baby. Unfortunately for him, I got my birth control information from my mother who couldn't wait to be a grandma. So 7 months after our wedding, we got some unexpected news. I was excited, he was stunned. "What if we put it up for adoption?" he asked right before ducking the microwave that was flying at his head. We mutually decided to keep our child and plunged headfirst into pregnancy. Once I stopped throwing up every 4 1/2 seconds, things went pretty well. Unfortunately, I was one of those people who don't "show" until they're about 8 months into the pregnancy. Nope, I just looked chubby. I was thrilled to be pregnant and wanted everyone to know I was. So, at 7 1/2 months pregnant, it was a little insulting to be asked at the checkout if I wanted a gift receipt with the onesie i was buying. To add insult to injury, as I was getting into my car which I had parked in the "expectant mothers" parking spot, a middle-aged woman stopped me. Pointing at the sign with a picture of a stork prominently displayed, she said, "This parking spot is for pregnant women, you know." I decided to take the high road and not show her my raging pregnancy hormones so I simply got in my car and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...