WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Please. Just. Sleep.

I had such grand plans for today. I was going to finish the crib sheet and start working on the crib skirt for a bedding set I'm making for a customer. I was going to clean my incredibly messy, craft and laundry strewn, maze of a house. I was going to put away everything I got on my "restock the house" shopping trip on Tuesday. I was going to work on some laundry. After last night (and two other similar nights in the last week and a half), my plans have changed. I have zero motivation for doing anything, except napping.  Little Man couldn't sleep last night. He didn't have a fever or seem sick at all, he just screamed. All. Night. Long. He sounded like he was seriously in distress, but I could not find a way to alleviate it. We tried feeding, changing diapers, changing cloths, swaddling, unswaddling, rocking, crying it out, tylenol, orajel, music, bouncing, and even a scolding. Nothing worked. By 5 am, when he woke again after 15 blessed minutes of sleep, I handed him off to Hubby and said, "I'm done." Hubby decided it would be easier to care for Little Man in our bed so he plopped him in between us and let him scream. I was so tired, I rolled over and passed out despite the very unhappy baby beside me. At 6:45, Hubby woke me on his way out the door to work and lo and behold, Little Man was sacked out in the bed beside me. I have no idea how Hubby got him to do it, but he was practically comatose because he was so tired.
If this were just one night, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but in the last several weeks, I haven't slept well because either someone is sick, teething, or just restless as night. This was also the third night in 9 days time that I was up literally all night. The first time was when I caught the flu, the second was when Little Man had the flu, and the third was last night for which I still can't find a reason.

Anyways, both kids are napping and I think I'll join them.

BTW, my blog has its own Facebook page now! If you're wondering why, it's because I follow other blogs on Facebook and I like seeing whenever they post something new without having to look them up again to check.
Look me up! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Supermommy-Blog/181409978554570?ref=ts If you wouldn't mind helping me get to 25 likes so I could get a vanity url instead of having such a long link, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...