WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Random Monday - July 21, 2014

Princess gets word mixed up quite a bit.  My new favorite mix-up of hers is when she's trying to help calm Little Dude while I get something done.  "Mommy, I'll annoy him for you!"  It took me a few times to realize that she means she'll entertain him.

Someone posted this in a Facebook group for parents of little ones with feeding problems that I'm a member of and I thought it was too good not to share!


Star spent 5 minutes the other day swatting at my arm and yelling, "Shoo fly!"  I have a freckle on my arm...

Lofty goals from Little Man...
Little Man: When I grow up, I'm going to be 13! 

Princess: Mommy, when I'm a teenager, will you be old?


Star outdid herself on the "giving Mommy gray hairs" front last week.  I had to call poison control for her THREE times because she ate ant poison, mouse poison, and one of those little silica gel packets that come in shoeboxes.  Disclaimer: I have NO IDEA where she got the silica gel packet from as I haven't bought new shoes in several years, and I didn't think she could get behind the furniture to the ant poison or mouse poison.  You know how mice can fit through pencil sized holes?  I'm starting to think Star can too.

Little Man has a obstinate streak...for example: one night at supper, I said he had to eat 4 carrots. I emphasized FOUR, not one, two, or three as he tends to try to negotiate a lower number. He responded with, "Fine, then I'm going to eat five!" Okay, buddy, have it your way!

Little Man to Hubby when they met in the hallway: "excuse me, sir" 

A few weeks after we moved into our new house, the dryer broke.  Ever tried to do laundry for a family of six that includes four young children and a farmer without a dryer?  Yeah, fun times. (Side note: my mom went for years without a dryer and sometimes a washer and she cloth diapered!  No idea how she didn't go completely insane, lol)  I thought I'd be smart and get a clothesline because my clothes drying racks only fit 1 load of laundry-except that the clothesline is still sitting in the box.  Thankfully though, we'd been saving up money for expenses like that for the last few years and were able to get an amazing deal on a front loader, high efficiency, high capacity washer and dryer set.  Hubby and his dad hooked them up last night and I'm so psyched to be doing laundry again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...