WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mexican Meatloaf

I found a recipe for Mexican Meatloaf in one of my cookbooks and decided to modify it a bit for our family.  Hubby took one bite last night and informed me that the recipe is a keeper!

Here's the recipe!
*Note-I don't measure when I'm cooking so all measurements are estimates.  Feel free to add more or less of an ingredient if desired.
**This recipe makes 2 bread pan sized meatloafs (meatloaves?).  Eat one for supper and freeze the other one for another meal!

Ingredients:
2 pounds of hamburger, thawed
1 envelope of taco seasoning
1/2 cup of taco sauce
1 can of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 cups of cheddar cheese, divided
2 eggs, beaten (or you can be lazy/smart like me and beat them as you're adding them to the meatloaf mixture.)
3/4 cups bread crumbs (start with a little less and gradually add more until the meat is the right consistency)

Combine the hamburger, taco seasoning, taco sauce, corn, tomatoes, eggs, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese in a bowl.  When mixed well, add the bread crumbs until the mixture is the right consistency.  Divide in half and shape each half into loaf form in an ungreased bread pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until center is no longer pink (Don't you just hate it when recipes tell you to do that?  How am I supposed to know if the center is pink unless I dig the middle out?)  Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup of cheese on top and bake just until melted.  Watch it closely or you'll end up with browned crispy cheese on top like I did.  Serve with sour cream and lettuce if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...