WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Letter To My Children

Dear Princess and Little Man,
I love both of you more than I can ever tell you.  I would sacrifice anything for you.  I love to hear your precious little voices and be on the receiving end of one of your "just because" hugs.


With that being said...

You should know that Mommy is not going to share her food with you.  Period.  You have your own food and I have mine.  Mommy is pregnant and hungry, and there is a chance someone will lose a finger next time a slobbery, sticky little hand reaches for my plate of food that I've been looking forward to eating all day.  So please just stop asking for a bite.  Because we both know that one bite turns into two and before anyone knows it, you've eaten more of my food than I have.  And that's just not okay right now.  Mommy is a bit (ok, excessively) hormonal at this time and the thought of one of you eating my food can bring me to tears quite quickly.  In case you haven't noticed, Daddy eats food too and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to share his with you.  And his always tastes better than mine.


With all my love (but none of my food),

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. We were just at a restaurant yesterday and my little girl wouldn't stop eating all daddy's side of fruit. Then her brother joined in. I scolded them, and felt bad for Hubs who got almost none. Then I realized that it was his own damn fault. He should have ordered food that small children find absolutely disgusting - like deep friend soft shell crab maki. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...