WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, September 3, 2012

In Which I Try to Poison My Children...

Yesterday, Little Man came up to while I was working on the computer (yes, I was actually working!  Those customer emails don't answer themselves) and gave me the cutest smile.

"I eat treat mommy daddy's room."

Ok.....I don't have any treats in my room.  What was he talking about?  I thought I had better look into this further because this is the child who refuses to eat people food, but has no problem eating inedible things (such as what happened here, in this story that's not for the faint of stomach)

"I eat mouse treats.  Mmmmmmm!"  And he rubbed his tummy appreciatively for extra effect.

I was still confused until Princess came over to clarify.

"He just ate some of the mouse poisons in your room.  It's okay, he only ate one."

My heart skipped a beat as I remembered that about a week ago, I'd thought I heard a mouse in my room at night and had put some D-Con mouse poison out as a precaution.  When I say I put it "out" I mean that I hid it behind a heavy dresser where a mouse could get to it, but not a small child who's not allowed in my room anyways. 


That'll teach me.  

A quick call to the Poison Control Center verified that one piece of mouse poison would not hurt Little Man*, but to watch him for any unusual behaviors (such as growing a tail or developing an inclination to nibble cheese).

*Disclaimer: No small children were harmed in the writing of this blog post.  The mouse, which was indeed in my room, was harmed as he apparently ingested more of the mouse poison than Little Man.  

Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!


  1. OMGoodness!!! I couldn't even imagine. That would freak me out! Glad he only had a small, non-harmful amount!

    1. The what-ifs just are awful in a situation like that. I am VERY thankful that he only ate 1 piece!

  2. Yikes, that's scary! It's amazing what little kids will try.

  3. That's a bit scary but it seems like you did a good job keeping a sense of humor about it all. I'm glad he was okay!

  4. Ah! That made my heart skip a beat reading that! That is definitely a freaking out moment. If only there weren't those mice around. Thanks for linking. And I am very glad Little Man is okay.


Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...