From Mrs. to Mama is hosting a Blogger link up. Click the badge above to see who else linked up! :)
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging in June, 2009 when Princess was about 18 months old because I wanted to write down all those little things that I knew I wouldn't remember later on. I also started blogging because I really missed writing! When I was a kid up until I graduated high school, I wrote a monthly "newspaper" that I passed out to my friends and family. Then I decided I was too old for such "childish" things and sadly wrote my last issue. Blogging has been a great way to get back to writing and I don't have to worry about it being childish because all the "cool" kids are doing it, lol.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I did one year of PSEO studies at the local community college during my senior year of high school and then took online classes at the same college in 2007 for medical transcription. I never got my certification though because during that school year, I had Princess and my life plans all completely changed.
3. Where have you traveled?
When I was 16, my mom and I joined my friend on her college German class's trip to Germany and several surrounding European countries. We (my mom, my friend, her mom, and I) separated from the rest of the class at the end of the trip and went to England for a few days. I went back to England about a year later to attend my friend's mom's wedding.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A house!! Our family of 4 (soon-to-be 5) plus my boutique business do NOT fit in our little 2 bedroom (5 room total, including the bathroom) house.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Inconsiderate or rude people.
Whining or screaming children.
People who don't appreciate how much work people in the service industry put in to take care of them. I worked in the B&B business for 10 years and actual appreciation and thanks were few and far between.
6. What is your favorite movie?
It's a toss-up between "The Emperor's New Groove" and "Princess Bride". Yes, I'm a dork.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I'll take a chai latte (iced or hot) anytime!
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Reading without interruptions. Spending 2 minutes in the bathroom without anyone following me in there is a luxury I enjoy occasionally as well.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
It's a toss-up between Target and Hobby Lobby.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
When Princess was about 18 months old, we went for a walk without the stroller to run errands. I ended up carrying her most of the way. At one point, I realized that I was getting a lot of funny looks from people driving by and looked down to see that Princess had grabbed the front of my shirt while I was carrying her and pulled it down as far as it could go. Which showed much more than I ever cared to show off to half the town.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
The day I gave birth to my son. Giving birth the first time was a nightmare since I was induced, but I went into labor naturally the second time and it was such a great experience. I never thought it was possible to actually enjoy such a physically painful thing, but I honestly would love to do it again. I'm hoping I don't have to be induced this time around either.
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Ummm...I have no idea. Maybe Katherine Heigl?
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked at a B&B from the ages of 14-21. During that time, I also worked as a personal care attendant for a teenaged girl with cerebral palsy and a substitute at the school daycare. When I was 21, I quit my job at the B&B to go work at a different B&B with more hours and worked there until just a few years ago. I've also been working as a substitute librarian at 2 local libraries since I was in my teens.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
|16 years old in Germany|
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I've always wanted to go to Italy. The history there is amazing and it's such a beautiful country!
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
|Easter, 2010. I was very pregnant with Little Man. Getting Hubby to pose for a family picture is like pulling teeth. See how comfortable and relaxed he looks?|
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Let's see...I'll have three kids, still be sewing up a storm, will have invested in an embroidery machine for the boutique, and will absolutely be living somewhere else with more space!
Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not. Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!