WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Clearing the Air

I'm thinking I need to have these answers to the MANY questions and comments I've been getting printed on a t-shirt, but for now, I'll just have to direct everyone here.

The answers to all your questions about my pregnancy:

1. Yes, I know I'm huge.

2. No, I'm not having twins. 

3. Yes, as a matter of fact, it is miserable to be this pregnant while it's this hot.

4. Yes, our house is too small for a family of 5, and I'm already seriously stressed out about that.  But, thank you for pointing it out again.

5. I'm due in mid-September.  Put your eyes back in your head and refer to answers #1 and #2.

6. I'm due in mid-September.  No, I will not give you a specific date because my babies tend to come late (by 1-2 weeks), and I hate having everyone expect that my actual due date is an expiration date.  And then, having everyone ask me every. single. day after that due date if I'm still pregnant and aren't I going to have that baby anytime soon? (For the answer to that question, please visit http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com)

7. No, I'm not ready for the baby.  At all.  I probably won't be ready until after he gets here.

8. No, we don't have a name picked out.  If we do get one picked out before the baby comes, we still probably won't tell you what it is.

9. It's a boy.  Probably.  To be honest, the ultrasound technician wasn't 100% sure.  

10. This is my third baby.  If that's a look of sympathy or pity you're giving me, don't bother. 


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!

11 comments:

  1. People can be rude can't they? What about: yes I am pregnant again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People can be so weird!! I was told that I was too small with both of my older kids and they were over 9 pounds at birth. And don't even get me started on the people who think I'm crazy for having more than 2 kids. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'd be guilty of asking about the name. It's my favorite subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with names too (I've been "collecting" names in a notebook since I was a teenager:) I don't mind people asking me about the name, it's when they ask me every time they see me if we have a name yet, lol.

      Delete
  4. I was right there with you a few weeks ago! I have a six week old... and people can be so strange. When is it ever ok to comment on a stranger's size? Apparently only when they're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is that I'm totally guilty of asking some of these same questions of other pregnant women *hangs head in shame* :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I got asked pretty much ALL these questions when I was pregnant. So funny. I can totally relate to #6. My daughter was a week late and every day people would call me, text me etc asking if I was in labour yet. It was sooooo annoying. I felt like I was disappointing them every time I had to say "Nope. Nothing yet". As if there was something I could have done about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...