WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Singing To My Kids

Almost 2 years ago, I wrote a blog post about my two older kids' special songs that I sing to them.  They are songs that I sang a lot while I was pregnant with them and continued to sing to them after they were born.  I never sat down and picked out the songs specifically, each one just kind of happened.

To recap, Princess's song is "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins from the Disney movie "Tarzan" 

   

Little Man's song is "Baby Mine" from the Disney movie "Dumbo."  Because he was such a difficult baby at first, singing this song to him really helped me bond with him and it usually calmed him down.  I'm kind of a sucker for anything Dumbo themed now :) 

When I saw this Dumbo blanket and pillow set in this auction on Facebook, I HAD to get it for Little Man. He refuses to sleep without it now.




While I was pregnant with Star, I tried to think of a song that could be her lullaby, but nothing really came to mind.  One night after she was born, I started singing "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" when she wouldn't stop crying and she instantly calmed down to listen.  I realized that I'd sang that song quite a bit while I was pregnant with her and, since she obviously like it, it became her song.




Do you have a special song that you sing to your child? 


Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!
 

2 comments:

  1. I used to sing my own version of Beautiful Boy by John Lennon (Beautiful girl) to Grace and an Elbow song 'Weather to Fly' to Cerys xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being someone who loves to sing, I was surprised I didn't sing to my kids more, but I did occasionally sing 'Crystal Lullaby' to Clara when she was an infant, which is an old Carpenters song, and the song that everyone has been singing in our house for the past month (since Audrey was born) has been the 'Stay Awake' lullaby from Mary Poppins. Clara has been singing it mostly since Mary Poppins is her latest obsession, but I catch myself singing it to Audrey too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...