WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Randoms - March 4th, 2013

This post is linked up at Not Inadequate.  Grab the button and link up too!

Random Monday


  • Lately, Little Man has been insisting on changing into his pajamas before he will lay down and take a nap.  Which means that sometimes, Hubby comes home in the late afternoon or evening and asks me why I didn't get Little Man dressed today.
  
  • I'd like to take a minute to thank the child who dropped the almost-full bottle of vegetable oil upside down on the pantry closet floor and LEFT IT THERE.  I've always wondered what it would be like to clean puddles of oil off a linoleum floor.  It was also *fun* to have to throw out most of the things on the floor of the pantry closet and right outside the closet.  Mental note: Add vegetable oil to the shopping list.

  • On Saturday, Hubby was in the living room with the kids, and I was in the kitchen washing bottles.  All of a sudden, Hubby leapt up from the couch and yelled, "Stop! Don't put that in her mouth!"  A minute later, he came into the kitchen to inform me that Little Man fed Star something and that he thought it was a rice crispie.  Naturally, my first question was, "Did you get it back out of her mouth?"  I was answered with a blank stare.  "Well, no.  Should I have?"  No, dear husband.  When you see the 2 year old stuff something into the baby's mouth, you wait to see if the baby will choke on it before taking action.
        FYI, Star sucked on the rice crispie until it was mush and then ate it. No choking or gagging took place.  Not that a tiny rice crispie is that much of choking hazard anyway, but, you know.   

  • Today, I googled "what is a leprechaun trap" and "how to make a leprechaun trap".  I just *love* it when Princess brings a note home from school with the barest minimum of information on the project.  (This one read along the lines of "Make a leprechaun trap and send it to school by March 15th.")  Or maybe, everyone else in the world already knows what a leprechaun trap is and how to make one and I'm completely out of the loop, ahem, rainbow.  I think we (or more realistically, I, because Princess will be all excited until 4 minutes into the project and then wander away to pick on her brother while I finish the whole thing) are going to try making a trap like this one I found on Pinterest.  You can see the tutorial here.

  • Star is already a pro at eating from a spoon thanks to a certain grandpa who has shared his ice cream with her several times now.  I'm sure she'll be thrilled with the bland rice cereal I have planned for her future now that she's realized what good things come on spoons. 

This cracks me up every time I look at it.  Apparently, the sun toy on the jumperoo was a little scary for Star. 

 
Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!  
 

3 comments:

  1. I am just glad it turned out to be an actual rice crispie and not, say, a bug. Because I was worried about the ending of that story for a minute. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will Princess be going with a leprechaun trap?

    Love the pictures of Star.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...