WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

100 Random Things About Me


1.  I am married.
2.  I am a mommy to 2 kids going on 3.
3.  My daughter (nicknamed Princess) is 4 going on 14.  I'm seriously scared of the teenage years at this point.
4.  My son (nicknamed Little Man) is all boy, but he still melts my heart when he picks up a baby doll and gently rocks and shushes it. 
5.  We live out in the country, but we don't actually live on a farm.
6.  I am a homeschooler.  
7.  Hubby farms with his dad and brother plus works a full-time job. 
8.  I don't see my husband near as much as I'd like to.
9.  We (and I mean I since Hubby thinks cats are a waste of space) have one calico cat named Tuna Catserole, Tuna for short. 
10.  We go to a small Baptist church where everyone is like one big family.  Love it.
11.  Hubby and I both grew up in said church.  Incidentally, that's where we met.
12.  My favorite season is spring even though my allergies are miserable.
13.  I love snow.  In pictures.  In real life, it sucks.
14.  I love organizing.  My idea of a good time is to organize something.  I seriously considered becoming a professional organizer at one point.
15.  I hate cleaning.  Like the kind where you clean toilets and scrub floors.
16.  I adore chai lattes.  I buy the chai latte mix in bulk at Sam's Club.
17.  I can't wear high heels.  Not even kitten heels.  They kill my feet. 
18.  I don't wear makeup.  I use Burt's Bees lip balm almost everyday and maybe twice a year I throw on some blush.  And that's it.
19.  That includes nail polish.  I'm deathly allergic to most chemicals and that includes nail polish.  When Princess spilled a entire bottle of nail polish in her room that a certain auntie gave her for her birthday, I may or may not have thought it was an attempt on my life.
20.  I've had alcohol exactly one time in my life.  That was at my grandparents' church when I thought it was grape juice in the communion cups.  
21.  I was sick most of the afternoon after that.  Seriously.
22.  Each of my three kids are each 2 years and 4 months apart.  No, we didn't plan that.
23.  Actually, not one of my pregnancies were planned.  All 3 were total surprises.  Not accidents...surprises. 
24.  I love surprises.
25.  I want to get an Ipod Touch.  Not sure what all I would do with it, but I know I want one.
26.  Poor grammar drives me insane.  I mentally correct everything I hear and read. 
27.  My husband uses the word "ain't" on a regular basis. 
28.  I wrecked a car while changing the radio station less than a week after getting my license.
28.  It was my boyfriend's car that he was lending me so I could get to work.
29.  He still married me after that.
30.  He should have realized that it would mean that every vehicle we would own after that, I would scratch, dent, or scrape.
31. I put a lovely dent/scrape in the side of our minivan less than a week after buying it.  I did it while trying to drive around a concrete post after picking up the extra set of keys at the dealership.  It was an incredibly stupid move and anyone else would have known that a minivan wasn't going to fit around that corner.
32.  I am now too embarrassed to show my face at the dealership again.  I saw all the guys in the shop standing there laughing at me before they came out to help me get out of my predicament.
33.  I got my first job at a bed and breakfast serving breakfast and cleaning rooms when I was 14.
34.  I quit that job after seven years to work at a different bed and breakfast, cooking and serving breakfast, and cleaning rooms. 
35.  You would not believe some of the things I've found in guest bedrooms after they've checked out.
36.  While my friend and I were driving to school one day, a bird literally exploded on the windshield.  I almost threw up.
37.  When I was a few months old, I spit up in my dad's mouth.  I didn't miss a drop.  He can still taste it to this day.
38.  When I was 2 or 3, I threw up in the hallway between my room and my parents' room.  My dad came running out to see what happened and turned the hallway into a slip n' slide.
39.  When I was 6 or 7, I threw up in my grandma's car all over the center console, my grandma, and her cousin. 
40.  When I was 7 or 8, I threw up on my grandparents' white carpet in my sleep.  I woke up to see my grandpa scrubbing the carpet next to me.
41.  My grandparents now have a rocking chair over that spot.
42. When I was 6 or 7, I threw up in the hymnal at church.  I told my mom I didn't feel good and she made me go to church anyways.  We took the hymnal home and I can still tell you what song we were singing that day.
43.  When I was a kid, I shared a room with my older sister.  I snored.  She was a light sleeper.  I used to wake up crying because she had punched me in the stomach to get me to stop snoring.
44.  My sister and I shared a double bed.  She made me sleep with a cardboard box between us.
45.  I have never had a cavity.
46. I fractured my wrist when I was 6.  My mom wasn't going to take me to the doctor, but the next day, she took my baby brother in for a regular checkup and asked the doctor to take a look at my wrist while we were there.  I came home with a pink cast on my arm.
47. I have accumulated frequent flyer miles on Mayo One, the medical helicopter for the Mayo clinic. 
48.  After one particularly bad asthma attack, the Mayo One helicopter pilots and paramedics came to visit me in the hospital because they were so worried about me.  These would be the same pilots and paramedics who see worst cases of everything from all over the country.  They gave me a t-shirt.  Worst way ever to get a free t-shirt (my parents might disagree with the "free" part since they're the ones who got the bill for my little helicopter ride).
49.  When I had my first severe asthma attack  at 6 years old, I stopped breathing for no apparent reason, scared the EMTs, was intubated, and was in a coma for 5 days.  
50.  That was the worst one, but some of the others have come close.
51.  I love to sew.
52.  I love to read.
53.  I once stapled my finger.  It hurt.  I freaked out way more than I should have over it. 
54.  I'm really wimpy about stuff like that.  I have a low pain threshold.
55.  I got an epidural at 8 cm with my second pregnancy.  It stalled my labor for 2 hours until it wore off.  I ended up giving birth naturally without any pain medication.
56.  I can't wait to do it again.  Seriously.
57.  The colors for my wedding were royal blue and yellow. 
58.  Our pastor got sick during the wedding.  If you listen closely on our wedding video, you can hear him throwing up in an ice cream pail in the background at one point.
59.  Because the pastor was too busy throwing up to finish the ceremony (thankfully he made it through the important stuff), my father-in-law got up to close it.  It was really cool.
60.  On our first anniversary, Hubby and I brought an empty ice cream pail to church and gave it to our Pastor as a gag gift (no pun intended).
61.  When I was 16, I went to Germany with my friend's college German language class. 
62.  I've been to England twice.
63.  I love reading magazines, especially parenting ones. 
64.  I've only dated one guy in my whole life.
65.  I've only kissed one guy in my whole life.
67.  I married him.
68.  I'm the only girl he's ever dated or kissed as well.
69.  It's great that neither of us have baggage, have had our hearts broken by previous boyfriends/girlfriends, or have anyone else to compare each other too.
70.  I was 17 when I went on my first date.  Hubby was 20.
71.  I don't believe in dating someone you can't see yourself marrying.  Doing that just sets yourself up for heartache.
72.  I love the Lord of the Rings books and movies.  Same goes for Pride and Prejudice.
73.  My siblings and I had a gang growing up.  We did random, anonymous acts of kindness for people we knew. 
74.  I hope my kids start a gang like that too someday.
75.  I'm ultra sensitive to the sun and heat.  I get sick very quickly if I'm exposed to either one.
76.  I once went to a 3 day outdoor music festival with some friends.  I spent most of the three days sleeping in the tent because I was so sick.
77.  It took me several weeks to recover from that.
78.  I stay inside most of the time now.
79.  If a Pizza Hut ever opened up in my town, I'd weigh 300 pounds within a month.
80.  I really love Pizza Hut.
81.  I have one older sister, two younger brothers, and a younger sister.  
82.  We got along most of the time when we were growing up. 
83.  We still get along most of the time.
84.  My older sister (and her husband), my brother (and his wife), and I (and Hubby) all had our first babies within 7 months of each other.
85.  Two years later, all three/six of us had our second babies within 2 weeks of each other.
86.  A year and a half later, my sister (and her husband) and my brother (and his wife) each had their third babies within 3 months of each other.  I was slacking off apparently.
87.  I love Veggie Tales.  Especially Silly Songs with Larry.  The part of the show were Larry comes out and sings...a Silly Song.  
88.  I grew up watching tv shows from the 50's and 60's on video and still love them.  The includes the Dick Van Dyke show, the Monkees, Mr. Ed, etc.
89.  I have lived in 9 different houses/apartments.
90.  7 of those places were/are in my hometown and all 7 of the moves happened within a 6 year period.
91.  My third baby isn't due until September, but I already have his first birthday theme planned out.
92.  I love Riverdance, Josh Groban, and Michael Buble.
93.  I play violin, guitar, piano, a little mandolin, and I used to play the flute. 
94.  I would love to learn sign language fluently.
95.  I'm pro-life.
96.  Laundry is the bane of my existence.
97.  I can quote most of "The Emperor's New Groove."
98.  I'm 1/2 Swedish, 1/4 German, 1/8 Norwegian, and 1/8 French. 
99.  I love reading old books. 
100. When I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina, a librarian, a doctor, or a mommy.  I got to be half of those things.

It's your turn!  Add your link below.




Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!  

2 comments:

  1. Love this list! I despise poor grammar, too. I have to restrain myself from not correcting people. I hear it on the news all the time and I correct it out loud since they can't hear me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list!! I like getting to know other bloggers better, and lists like this are an awesome way to do that. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...