WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

31 Days-Easier Shopping List

I tend to be a little over the top (read: slightly obsessive) over this, but I can't stand running out of anything in the kitchen.  I always have my basic staples on hand and stock up on them when there's a sale.  Anytime I'm running low on something, I write it on the shopping list.

I used to keep a loose piece of paper stuck to the fridge with a magnet for my on-going shopping list, but the paper kept falling off and getting lost, and the pen kept disappearing.  So I ditched that idea and implemented a new way to keep my shopping list up to date.  I found a magnetic dry erase board with a corkboard that could stick right on my fridge.  Now I always have a writing utensil since the dry erase marker fits in a small plastic holder on the top and it's super easy to add things to the list as I think of them.  Then, when it's time to go shopping, I transfer the list to a piece of paper, or, if the list isn't too long, I take a picture of it with my cell phone.  


I got mine at Target, but they can be found on Amazon as well.  Here's a basic one like I have. 
 I found this one online too and thought it would be perfect for keeping track of everyone's schedules.  It also has space for the shopping list and a corkboard to pin things on the bottom.  I might have to upgrade soon :)
For those who don't like the idea of having to transfer their shopping list to a piece of paper everytime they go shopping, printable shopping lists are also a great idea.  I used to use them until my printer broke and then I switched over to the dry erase board on the fridge.  I haven't gone back yet, but now that I have a printer that works again, I've been thinking about how convenient a printable list is.  I lost the one I originally wrote, but here's one I found on Pinterest that is similar.

  

I love that the categories are divided and all you have to do is put a check by the item you need.  When I used this type of shopping list, I would print off several at a time and hang them on my fridge with a magnetic chip clip.

Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here



Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...