WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31 Days-Freezing Food

Want to cook half as much as you do now?  (Or maybe 1/4 as much, but still worth it!)

Whenever I make something that freezes well, I make twice as much and freeze half of it.  It really doesn't take much more effort to double a recipe.  Then, I have a meal ready to go in the oven at a moment's notice, which is a life saver with a new baby in the house!  Somehow, I got four of these Pyrex glass pans for my wedding so I usually have extras that can go in the freezer, but if they're all in use, I put the food in a foil baking pan and wrap the whole thing about 3 times with tinfoil.  Then I write what's inside on the top with a dry-erase or permanent marker (after my toddler nephew used permanent markers to write all over the walls and hard-wood floors at his house, I won't allow permanent markers in my house until the kids are older, which means that I always use a dry-erase marker)


My black dry erase marker was going dry so I got a new one out and rewrote it.  The recipe for my Deep Dish Pizza Casserole can be found here.

Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here.



Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...