WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days-Folding and Organizing Fabric

I used to fold my fabric any which way I felt like at the moment and try to stuff it all on a shelf.  As my business grew and with it, my fabric stash, I realized that my "method" wasn't working.  The fabric was a mess, and I could never find what I was looking for.  I did some research and decided that the folding tutorial I found here was the solution for me.  (Although this tutorial for filing fabric is a genius idea too!)  Don't worry, it's not as hard as it looks!  I started out folding it with a piece of cardboard, but quickly decided that since I was going to be using it so much, it would be better to invest in a quilter's ruler.   

Most of my fabric stash.  The top shelf is not folded with the quilter's ruler because I haven't gotten around to doing that yet :)
 I organize my fabric by type (cotton woven, knit, minky, etc) and color so I can easily find what I'm looking for or pick coordinates for a project.


I just can't stop looking at the neat stacks of fabric!  Love it!

How do you organize your fabric or craft supplies?

Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here



Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...