WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 Days-Memory Boxes

I'm not a scrapbooker.  I've tried doing scrapbooks a few times, but I just can't get into it.

Yet, I still want to save memories and keepsakes.  It didn't take me long to come up with Memory Boxes.  I have one and each of the kids has one.  The kids both have small boxes, but as they get older, they'll be replaced with a large box like mine. 

I use plastic see-through totes with lids for ours.  When there's a momento I want to save, I simply toss it in the appropriate box.  When a box gets full, I sit down and go through it.  Some things bring back good memories and they go right back in the box.  Other things, I've forgotten about so I end up tossing them.  I can't wait until a box starts getting full because it's so fun to go through it. 

The kids' boxes.  As you can see, Little Man's box is suffering from 2nd child syndrome.
Princess's box which includes birthday cards, her coming home outfit, and a few other momentos.

Little Man's box which includes his coming home outfit and some crocheted items from Grandma.

Want to see a complete list of the posts in the 31 Days to Simplify Your Life series?  Click here.



Thanks so much for visiting Supermommy!...Or Not.  Please take a moment to "like" me on facebook"!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love the comment about "2nd child syndrome." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And poor Star has third child syndrome and doesn't even have a box yet :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...